Sunday, February 19, 2012

a walk in the snow with snowshoes



So It was a bright mild day here in Woodislands and we decided it would be a great time to try the snowshoes. I was concerned that I'd not be able to because of my hip. Well not to worry, it was great!
I had to take a lot of little rests but that made time for pictures.



He's Alan getting ready, he'd already snapped me into my shoes.









this is the sight that greeted us when we went through our path to the park. So Beautiful, look no shoe tracks yet.







this is our old camp sight














more pretty trees, we are so lucky to have such a beautiful spot to enjoy.















ha ha isn't he funny, I took a video of him swinging. He wanted me to get on the swing, but if I had gotten down there I'd not be able to get back up, wonky hip and all.











as we were walking we found this little heart in the snow. the wind was blowing the snow off the trees and it made lots of patterns but I thought this was just right for us.

















the wintery beach the colours of the sky, water, and trees against the snow. So magnific!









our lovely beach














we even had some iceburgs....well not really they are ice chunks.

Oh my what a lovely day we had.



Thats it for now from Sanddollar Cottage, Alan has lunch ready, pouched haddock with lemon grass and asparagus with brown rice. I am so spoiled.



1 comment:

  1. Yes you certainly are spoiled, you are so fortunate to have found your little paradise and each other, you two are perfect for each other enjoy your space.. can't wait to see it and you guys in the summer. You should frame some of your photos and put them in the shop for sale.. they would sell for sure. Love your Sister Judi..

    ReplyDelete