Thursday, February 2, 2012

feb 2, 2012 groundhog day

So hello there. Today is groundhog day and he didn't see his shadow so we have only 6 more weeks of Winter. Ha!!!

Tuesday was my birthday, 59 years old. Oh my that is old, but I still feel young so that's all that counts. When I get my new hip in Aug there will be no stopping me. Yeah!

This is a puzzle I got from my sweetie so we can have a puzzle table here in our little cottage. So nice. We went out for supper as well and Sat we are going on a date, dinner and a movie. Albert Nobbs starring Glenn Close.




Les baked this lovely apple spice cake for me.

Yum! Thankyou so much my sweet boy. I love my boys so much, they both called me and wished me a happy day and you know thats all the gift I need.















My great friend Donna brought me a lovely gift of chocolates-my fave Lindor- a chocolate luv bug and some glorious hand cream.


I got loads of wishes from friends and family on face book too. I am so thankful for all the love.










I went for a walk to see if I could see my shadow and didn't so I guess the groundhog is right.




hello all, it was a little chilly out there today. Only ice right at the shoreline. No seals in sight.
























Heading back home, I can hear Nicki the neighbours dog barking at my door for a treat. She's so funny and sweet.


















there isn't much snow down but it sure is pretty


this is our little path into the park




Well I guess thats it for today from the cottage.


Cheers All


Janet

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute Janet and yes you are lucky to have such good boys... nice looking cake Les you are so talented..Can't wait to get down there Janet... I was at our store and found a beautiful dress I will send it to you, hope you like it...Love you Judi

    ReplyDelete