Tuesday, August 2, 2011

my day at home Aug2 2011

Today I stayed home to get more unpacking and organizing done. Yesterday Alan finished the acrchway were the wood stove used to be and we painted and he put up the shelves in the kitchen. Well it took me a while to get going because I was entertained by the hummingbirds at the feeder. They are such fun to watch, it looks like 2 females and they fight like crazy and buzz around.



some of you may wonder why we called our cottage Sand Dollar Cottage, well this picture shows you why. We collected these on 2 walks on the beach, in the water and on sandbars. We don't find this many every day, sometimes we don't find any.











the archway is finished now looks great aye?


















I did finally get to work and unpacked 5 boxes,

2 milk crates and 2 big bins













The china cabinet is filled with our dishes and things waiting for our next big dinner.





















the kitchen with the new shelves I love it!
So worth the wait. Yes!!!!
















the dishes, bowls and jugs on the shelves
















the glasses on the shelf ready to use


We are going to paint the heating duct to look like the limb of a tree. It should look really cool, if not we will paint it white-cottage white...


well that was my day at home sweet home.

ta ta for now from Sand Dollar Cottage

all the Best!


2 comments:

  1. So very cool! What a great day. I love the new kitchen shelves. You should send me the window dimensions and I'll make little curtains for the three windows and the door.
    The kitchen pics make me smile really big.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you guys, so jealous you ar4e having way too much fun. I have to make a facebook account so I asked you to be my friend so accept it Ok. I love the kitchen so cozy. I will call you sometime Sat. night. I put in for my retirement Jan. 1st 2012. hope I last that long lol
    Miss you and love you sis

    ReplyDelete